As most of our regular readers know, one of our goals at Apologetics Press is to produce cutting-edge materials that are both scientifically accurate and biblically sound. Whenever big news items “break” that pertain to issues with which our work deals, we make it a point to produce responses and/or rebuttals that are logical, thoroughly documented, well reasoned, and up to date. For example, in just the last three years alone, we have produced in-depth responses/rebuttals to:
- the July 29, 2002 issue of U.S. News & World Report, in which staff writer Thomas Hayden produced a lengthy cover-story article titled “A Theory Evolves,” promoting evolution as fact (see our Web site article, “Creationists Fight Back: A Review of U.S. News & World Report”);
- the September 2002 issue of Scientific American, in which editor John Rennie berated and denigrated creationists (see our Web site article, “15 Answers to John Rennie and Scientific American’s Nonsense”);
- the November 2004 issue of National Geographic, in which editor Bill Allen devoted a whopping 33 pages of that issue to a defense of Darwinian evolution (see our Web site article, “National Geographic Shoots Itself in the Foot—Again!”);
- F. LaGard Smith’s book, After Life, and Homer Hailey’s book, God’s Judgements & Punishments, both of which advocated the erroneous concept that hell is not eternal (see our articles, “The Eternality of Hell,” in the January and February 2005 issues of Reason & Revelation).
My staff and I are prepared to work (and often do work!) around the clock in order to publish the actual facts of the matter and set the record straight—while simultaneously defending the Bible’s teachings, whenever and wherever those teachings are called into question or attacked.
Sometimes, our efforts entail writing articles for R&R (as Eric Lyons and Kyle Butt did in refuting Smith’s and Hailey’s views). At other times, our efforts entail producing rebuttals that appear on our Web site (as in the articles Dr. Brad Harrub and I co-authored in regard to the Scientific American and National Geographic fiascos). But more often than not, we find ourselves involved in presenting in a positive manner the results of our research in specific areas that other apologists have not frequently addressed. Within the past several months, for example, Dr. Harrub and I (in conjunction with other staff members and interns) had approved for publication in various scholarly, refereed journals published by creation scientists, the following eight articles [NOTE: CRSQ stands for Creation Research Society Quarterly; TJ stands for Technical Journal].
- “The Origin of Language and Communication,” TJ, 2003, 17:93-101.
- “The Origin of the Brain and Mind,”CRSQ, 2004, 41:28-45.
- “Mind, Materialism, and Consciousness,” CRSQ, 2004, 41:46-59.
- “Consciousness: King of Evolutionary Problems,” CRSQ, 2004, 41:113-130.
- “The Origin of Consciousness,” CRSQ, 2004, 41:131-155.
- “The Hox Gene—Evolution’s Hoax,” CRSQ, 2004, 41:231-241.
- “Evolutionary Theories on Gender and Sexual Reproduction,” TJ, 2004, 18:97-104.
- “The Origin of Gender and Sexual Reproduction,” TJ, 2004, 18:120-127.
I thought our readers might like to know “what we’ve been up to,” and might benefit from having access to this information. Stay tuned. There is more yet to come. Much more!
Copyright © 2005 Apologetics Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may be copied, on the condition that it will not be republished in print unless otherwise stated below, and will not be used for any commercial purpose, as long as the following stipulations are observed: (1) Apologetics Press must be designated as the original publisher; (2) the specific Apologetics Press Web site URL must be noted; (3) any references, footnotes, or endnotes that accompany the article must be included with any written reproduction of the article; (4) textual alterations of any kind are strictly forbidden; (5) Some illustrations (e.g., photographs, charts, graphics, etc.) are not the intellectual property of Apologetics Press and as such cannot be reproduced from our site without consent from the person or organization that maintains those intellectual rights; (6) serialization of written material (e.g., running an article in several parts) is permitted, as long as the whole of the material is made available, without editing, in a reasonable length of time; (7) articles, in whole or in part, may not be offered for sale or included in items offered for sale; and (8) articles may be reproduced in electronic form for posting on Web sites pending they are not edited or altered from their original written content and that credit is given to Apologetics Press, including the web location from which the articles were taken. Further, documents may not be copied without source statements (title, author, journal title), and the address of the publisher and owner of rights, as listed below.
For catalog, samples, or further information, contact:
230 Landmark Drive
Montgomery, Alabama 36117
Phone (334) 272-8558